Thursday, June 14, 2012

For that Special Man!

The DUEL is on...it is the 15th of the month, ya know??
Jamie and I are lucky enough to hostess this month and sent kits to our partners.
I sent:
Krafty Dots by Recollections, Out of Print/Storyteller by Basic Grey and Go Fish/Mini Fish by Carolyn Holt Designs
Burlap and Pearls by Recollections
Ribbon and Bakers Twine from my stash
Clothespin from SU!
Stamps: Favorite Occasions by JustRite and Totally Tool set from SU!
Here is what I created:

I went with a Kraft base, added some green cards stock from my stash and voila...a card! I am not sure who is getting this card..probably my surrogate father (mine passed away while I was a teenager). I do have a couple days to decide!
Make sure you stop over to the other dueling blogs!
Make sure you stop at the rest of the blogs to see the other cards in the duel!

Dazzlers          Divas


April (me)         Barb


Debbie              Carol


Jeanette             Jamie


Melina                       


Michelle               Judy


Paola                Kelly


Terry                    LJ


Darlene              Tami


Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

12 comments:

Carol W said...

Awesome card April....I love it and your kit...you rocked this challenge once again...way to go girlfriend...♥♥♥

MiamiKel said...

Aw, what a delightful kit you prepared for the divas - your card is awesome! Perfect card for the challenge - so many of us are missing the dad's in our lives so sending extra hugs to all of us on this very special day.

Blessed to have you as Dueling Partner! x0x0

Barb said...

Cute Card April--I think this is a perfect masculine card!

~Paola~ said...

What a beautiful masculine card April...
love your interpretation of the fabby kit you sent us Dazzlers.
Very creative my friend!! Txs for being a dazzler w/me....♥

Judy McMullen said...

Terrific card, April! You really hit the mark with this awesome masculine themed kit. I love the long narrow card base and how you layered with those super papers! What a superb image and sentiment for a special man!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

The kit you sent was awesome! Loved the burlap, loved the pearls.

Great card and great challenge!! Also love the different size and layout.....you are so very talented!

Darlene said...

Wow, April!!! Love your card. And love that you shared such great items in your kit for us this month!! Thank you so much! I like the shape of your card, it really rocks the papers and shows off the image so nicely. The burlap was great for a masculine card, and I like how you used it here.
Thanks again for such a wonderful kit!
Hugs to you my friend!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great card! Perfect for your surrogate dad :) He will love it.

dweatter said...

Really like the size and shape of this card. Great job using some many items from the fantastic kit!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Look at your cute and long card! I love the 'natural' aspects of the card. Burlap and tape measures are always good for guys!!!

Great kit and thanks for sharing!

Melina said...

love your long card! Great idea! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, I loved your kit........ and I love it even more now that I've seen your amazing l-o-n-g card! Very nice!!!