Friday, June 29, 2012

Celebrate!

Let's have a party! Why, you ask? Well, it is my neighbor's 97th birthday! I truly believe that is a reason to celebrate!
So, how do you celebrate with him?? You have a card shower.... "Huh?" you ask. Well, you call all the neighbors, your friends and family and send him a card!

Needless to say, I didn't get mine sent, so I will walk it across the street tomorrow after lunch with a bit of a treat, rhubarb-strawberry scones! I would take him cake to go with this cute image, but I know that with all of the celebrating going on that he will have plenty of cake!



I used sketch58 at deconstructingjen and I followed the twisted challenge 2TC12 to use red with a summery project. What says summer better that red, white and blue and stars??

Hope you enjoy your Friday!

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Very cute card. Your neighbor will love it!

Wished you lived closer, we could set your neighbor up with my grandma...remember she just turned 98! LOL

Tammy said...

Cute card, your neighbor is going to love it! 97 is certainly something to celebrate!

nwilliams6 said...

Oh, that is a wonderful idea to do a card shower!!! Love your card too - so festive and fun!!!! Hugz!

Patty Gorka said...

WOW, a 97th birthday and what a great idea to celebrate with a card shower! I'm sure she will enjoy the card you made. Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

kadie said...

Yummers!! Fabulous layout and for a wonderful occasion!

seeasmith36 said...

Oh my goodness. I love the "card shower" idea and the colors of your card!