Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Over-achiever....

Yep, I took a lot of flack last week from my Dueling Cohorts because I didn't make just one project....I have to admit, the challenge landed during a time where my mojo was working and I had the time to work with it!!

Today's post has multiple cards also...not because I loved what I created, but because I didn't....lol

So, now you are saying, "Sure, April is going to show us her cards that bombed??"  Well, maybe in a way.  While I like parts of them and I am known in places as a speedy crafter, this shows that without a doubt I have gumption!  Nothing like working it until you get one you like.

I loved the sketch challenge, DC23, over at deconstructing jen.  And, they are in need of a guest designer.  So, I put myself under pressure to make the perfect card to submit.  I will be the first to admit that layers are tough for me...I truly am more of a CAS card maker, BUT, it is also a huge reason that I enjoy the Deconstructed Challenge.  It makes me think out of my little ol' box!!

Here is my favorite.  I have left off a sentiment, because I am saving this card to give to my son!  This is PJ Ben, from By LORi Designs.

Now for the other ones....
This was my first shot at it....love the background, but am going to reconstruct it using a lighter focal point for this darling Puddle Jumper Ben:

And this was my second shot at the sketch!  I really liked this and in fact tweaked it into my SOTC card for the month of November.

Thanks for stopping by today....everyone wish me luck on my quest to work with Jen and the DT at the Deconstructed Sketch!
Huggz,
April

8 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Great cards, April - each one so unique and fun - I'm sure your son will love his! Hugs!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Good luck on the guest DT, April!

I really like how you cut out the boy image. The ribbon and brads look so good how you placed them.

All three cards are really cute. Great job!

Tammy said...

I like them all April! But I think my favorite is the first one too.

Melina said...

I love your gumption April! These are great cards girl :)

Carol W said...

Oh April...you overachiever you....giggle...I love all 3 cards but I do believe the black and red one reaches out to me and grabs my soul....(wonder why)...Great job on all 3!!!!!

Jen Shults said...

Oh my goodness! You really outdid yourself! Wonderful cards and gorgeous coloring. I love how each one is distinctly different even with the same layout! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Darlene said...

Holy cow girl! These three cards are all super! You amaze me, so talented. If I had to choose, I think I like the first one the best. Well done!

kadie said...

Love all three of these, April!! You did an awesome job highlighting PJ Ben and this week's fun sketch!! xoxo!!