Saturday, May 28, 2011

Calendar Girls Challenge

First, I must say: "Thank you, Blogger!"  I am sure we have all been in the same boat the last couple of days, so I won't bemoan the fact that I almost didn't get this posted!

Now, on to the card and the challenge that Barb set out for us!

The challenge was to get into shape for the upcoming season....nope, not personally in shape, but to try a new shape for making a card.



Deedee Anderson showed off a very cool card not so long ago and I really wanted to give it a try.  You can find it here - along with the link to the original design and template for this standup card!  I must admit that I changed mine around just a bit and made the back the front.

I can only take a guess at who's stamp this is, since it was given to me  ~ so, if you know for sure, let me know.  I used my Cuttlebug to make the tree background and the fence pieces.  And, I must mention that all paper and cardstock was from my stash.... I am still on a minimal buying spree...lol


PLEASE, stop over to the blogs of the rest of the Calendar Girls.....we all love to get LOVE~
 

Barb (SCS - barbaralynn) Barb's Inkin' into Retirement

Carol (SCS - momcgw) Lost in my craft room

Debbie (SCS - djones) The Ink Igloo

Jeanette (SCS - Forest Ranger) Cre8tive Play

Kelly (SCS - MiamiKel4) Sandcastle Stamper

Michelle (SCS - pattem) Ink'n General

Paola (SCS - Sama) That's Amore

Tami (SCS - BlueInks) BlueInks Design

Terry (SCS - terry0926) It's Totally Terry




Thanks for stopping by~
Huggz,
April

8 comments:

April said...

Let's se if I can post myself??

~Paola~ said...

Yup U did! :o)
Yeahh it is FINALLY working!!
I loveee this AMAZING shaped card of your April...sooo very creative and sooo unique!
What a great fun fold this is!! *kudos!!* :o)

Barb said...

Love your card--that is such a creative fold--oops--Shape! Love it and you rocked the challenge this month!

dweatter said...

What a great card. I love this fold. Going to have to give it a try. Love how the image is sitting on the tree branch. So clever!! And I adore that picket fence!!!

MiamiKel said...

Can I really post? REALLY?!!! I've been here 50 times! :) NOw this is one of your finest yet, Miss April - just a vision! Cute lil fold (Missed it on Deedee's blog, so what a treat to see yours!) and that fence, oh my! CUTE CUTE CUTE! x0x0

:: BlueInks :: said...

LOOK AT ME POSTING ON APRIL'S BLOG!!!! It works (well, I have not hit enter yet, but am hopeful!)

Such an interesting fold you used. I just love how the card turned out. You did a great job!!!

Michelle said...

Super card! I love that fold. You are so creative! Awesome job.

kadie said...

Oh, this is just DaRLING!! Love that creative fold too. I have to try that one!