Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

Good Morning everyone!

I am not sure where Wednesday went..... I guess life actually took over for the day....

I did get a card made, all while helping a friend update her cover letter and resume and having an EK (extra kid) at my place.  I, of course, did not mind doing either of those things, but they certainly took away from my crafting.

It did take me all day to make this card - not the norm for me....usually, I have an idea right away, or I don't bother trying.  (Like that makes any sense??)

That being said, here is what I crafted yesterday.  I did straighten out the sentiment after taking the picture, but was really too tired to take a new picture. LOL


This card was inspired by The Greeting Farm.  TGF is having a five week challenge that pits "teams" of designers against each other; with half of the teams getting voted off until it is whittled down to a winning team.  Each team is made up of three to five crafters where one person follows the challenge posted on Wednesday and delivers by Saturday.

Yes, I am on a team.  We call ourselves The Forest Farmers; due to the fact that we met on SplitCoast Stampers in the 'forest.'  Obviously, this isn't our submission for the week, but it is my take on the challenge.

Details:
The image is Charlotte from TGF; colored with Copics E00 and E33 and Bic Mark-Its in Moonstone Yellow, Hot Aqua, Tranquil Teal and Tiki Hut Tan - highlighted with my gold Gelly Roll pen.
The card stock is from Stamping Up!
The card base was out of my scrap pile.
The designer paper is ColorBlok.
The sentiment is from CTMH.
And the ink is Cranberry Crisp  Champagne Mist from SU! along with Goldrush and Brown Bag from CTMH.
Extras - I took my files to the edges for more of a distressed look (not sure if this fits TGF's idea of retro), added a scrap of ribbon, and popped the sentiment up with foam dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by and I will see everyone again soon!! 

No comments: